Blazing Hog Firmware Upgrade – Boss Hog
Overview: The modem currently registers via 3G network first then confirms the plan
type and swaps to 4G LTE service. ATT is shutting down 3G on Feb 22. We need
to update the firmware on this device to register on the network via 4G LTE.
After completing the firmware upgrade(s), modem may require two updates, we will
need to change 1 setting in the modem and set the APN (access point name) to
connect with the correct server at ATT data centers.
It sounds like a lot…. but the entire process should take less than 10 minutes.
- Log into the modem. Pro tip – this is the hardest part
Ensure you are directly wired or connected to the modem’s wifi
Open a web browser (Chrome, Edge, Safari) – in the address bar at the top – type in
This will bring up this screen
Now log in using the following:
Pass: Securewisp01 (zero,one)
if this doesn’t work after several tries.
If this doesn’t work, press and hold
the factory reset button until all the lights
turn on – approx 20 seconds. Let go, the
lights will blink wait 2 minutes
- Select System on the top menu then Firmware from the drop down options
- ALERT – uncheck “keep all setting box”
- Click upgrade – then repeat steps 1-4 for second update before step 5
The first upgrade removes
all custom setting from the
When you log in the
- Open browser and go-to 192.168.1.1 after two
updates the log in screen looks different.
Your login should now look like this.
Good to Continue
Upgrade not complete repeat steps 1-4
Old Login Screen
- Follow this wizard. Click Next
- Select custom APN. Type in 30691.mcs then click NEXT
- Now just click logout you have completed the update.
Finished. You are now back online.
Please click LOGOUT